Here’s 10 simple ways to build each other up:
- Esteem others higher. Have high regards, great respect, and favorable thoughts of the people in your circle of trust and influence.
- Be wise in your speech. Communicate more effectively by thinking before you speak. Be encouraging. Encouragement is an expression and assurance of one’s hope and future in words, presence, and sincerity.
- Be quick to forgive. When others make a mistake, be quick to forgive and forget.
- Be understanding. Wisdom and understanding go hand in hand. Understanding starts by being an active listener not planning a reply as one is speaking.
- Zero gossip. Keep others’ secrets. Never speak stuff that causes unnecessary hurt.
- Share knowledge. Found an article or book that’s useful? Share it.
- Stay humble. Humility and maturity are synonymous. A dignified person accomplishes much, but brags little.
- Be positive! Positive thinking goes beyond having the drive and motivation for personal success. Positive thinking is explicit, definite, and outspoken. It’s contagious. Build up your loved ones with your positiveness.
- Love. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails … And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13, NIV). Building up a person with the 9 ways mentioned is only made effective when done so together with love. Care for your loved ones how you would want to be cared for. Build up one another how you would like to be inspired. As a result, you will move up to a whole new level of breakthroughs in life.
‘Seeking a Higher Standard of Service to God‘
Trinity Zion Church
151 Shiloh Road
Bastrop, TX 78602