Thank You Rev. Jesse Jackson. Let’s Go People, Let’s Go… Clean these streets… You know who causing the problems.. get them out..
Chicago honor student Hadiya Pendleton, who participated in Obama inauguration festivities, shot dead just blocks from her school
Pendleton, 15, was a member of King College Prep marching band that traveled to Washington. Police believe she may have been caught in the middle of a gang-related shooting.
Hadiya Pendleton was among approximately a dozen teens taking cover from the rain under a canopy in a local park at 2:30 p.m. when a gunman jumped a fence and opened fire, a Chicago police spokesman told the Daily News on Wednesday.
- Hadiya Pendleton’s Death Stirs Action in Chicago, Heightens Gun Debate (atlantablackstar.com)
- Social media users united behind Hadiya Pendleton tragedy (thegrio.com)
- Rev. Jackson Leads March to Park Where Hadiya Pendleton Was Killed (atlantablackstar.com)
- For Discussion: Don’t Let Hadiya Pendleton’s Death Be In Vain, How Do We Stop Chicago Violence Now? (bossip.com)
- Jesse Jackson urges Obama to ‘come home’ and tackle Chicago’s gun crisis (guardian.co.uk)